Playing the didgeridoo is a fun and rewarding pastime that has the potential to positively influence the health of your mind, body and spirit. The didgeridoo can be played for musical applications, meditation practices, and has been researched as supportive treatment for sleep apnea (BJM Didgeridoo reference link below).
The didgeridoo is in the family of instruments known as aerophones. They can be made from nearly any hollow tube and are found in a in a variety of materials that include wood, plastic, metal, hemp, cardboard, carbon fiber etc.
Students determine the frequency of their lesson schedule based on their individual development and growing skill level. The teaching process is brought about through gentle coaching and explanation of how to engage and condition muscle groups.
Lessons can be taught in person or globally via video streaming (Skype, FaceTime etc).
What you will receive with private didgeridoo lessons:
- Basic embouchure instruction and establishing a foundational drone
- Circular breathing theory and practice exercises
- Vocalizations and calls
- Understanding of basic muscular physiology as it applies to playing the instrument
- Strengthening exercises for muscle groups
- Individual Lesson: $65 per half hour
- 3 Prepaid Half Hour Lessons: $165
For additional information and scheduling please email or call: